- One Day Tournaments
- Member Clubs
The first of two majors for senior golfers on the CSGA championship schedule, this imposing format challenges the top senior golfers with a round of stroke play to determine the low sixteen match play qualifiers followed by two rounds of match play each day that culminate in an eighteen-hole final match.
In 2012, Dave Szewczul from Tunxis Plantation Country Club relied on his short game for most of the week en route to becoming the first two time winner of the Senior Match Play Championship in only the sixth year of the event.
Amateur golfers only:
• Holding an active USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 14.0 under the men’s USGA Handicap System.
• Must have reached age 55 as of June 4.
• Connecticut Residents must be a bona fide member of a CSGA member club
• Non-residents of Connecticut must be a bona fide member of a Type 1 CSGA member club as defined by the USGA.
• In agreement with the CSGA General Tournament Policies.
Match Play Qualifying - All players will play 18 holes on Monday, June 3rd. The low 16 players will advance to match play. In the event of a tie for the final seed, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin immediately following conclusion of all rounds. All other ties will be broken by return of card.
Match Play - General numeric draw will be used. All matches will be 18 holes.
Monday, June 3rd (AM) - 18-Hole Stroke Play Qualifying
Tuesday, June 4th (AM) - Round of 16
Tuesday, June 4th (PM) - Quarterfinals
Wednesday, June 5th (AM) - Semi-Finals
Wednesday, June 5th (PM) - Finals
Carts are mandatory and include in the entry fee.