- One Day Tournaments
- Member Clubs
The final CSGA major of the season, the Public Links Championship honors the true spirit of public golf. Open to any players holding a CSGA/GHIN handicap under 9.0 without any privileges at a private course. Tom McCarthy, Twin Hills Country Club won the event in 2012 with a four-shot victory over Crestbrook Park’s Rudy Hermstadt.
Amateur golfers only:
• Holding an active USGA Handicap Index not exceeding 9.0 under the men’s USGA Handicap System.
• Entries will not be accepted from players who have playing privileges at golf clubs not open to the general public, and such golfers are not allowed to compete if they receive such privileges between their entry and the end of the main tournament. ** For further information see USGA Guidelines **
• Connecticut Residents must be a bona fide member of a CSGA member club.
• Non-residents of Connecticut must be a bona fide member of a Type 1 CSGA member club as defined by the USGA.
• In agreement with General Tournament Policies.
36-hole stroke play championship. All players will play 18 holes on Monday, September 30th. The low 30 players including ties advance to the final round. Players will play 18 holes on Tuesday, October 1st. The lowest 36-hole total will be declared the champion. In the event of a tie, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin immediately following conclusion of all rounds.
Players may walk or use a golf cart. There will only be two carts per group. Players must arrange for a golf cart through the host club. Players may carry their own bag or provide their own caddie. NOTE: Host clubs have the right to require players to use caddies attached to the club.