- One Day Tournaments
- Member Clubs
Launched in 1991 by the USGA, the P.J. Boatwright, Jr. Internship Program is designed to give experience to individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in golf administration, while assisting state and regional golf associations dedicated to the promotion of amateur golf, on a short-term, entry level basis.
Many alumni of the CSGA's internship program have gone on to successful careers in golf administration (both locally and nationally) and sports management.
The CSGA will look to hire two 3-month interns (May 15 - August 15) and a 6-month intern (March - September), negotiable based on availability. Please indicate your desired position when submitting your application.
Description: The USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr. Internship is tailored to prepare a qualified intern for a career in golf administration. The position is focused primarily on the CSGA’s extensive amateur tournament schedule, but this position will provide additional experience in communications, handicapping, course rating, and GHIN technical support.
Primary Responsibilities: Assist with all phases of the CSGA’s services including: championships and competitions, the USGA Handicap System, Course Ratings, CSGA Scholarship Fund, Championship Player’s Program, Communications, and Member Services.
- Assist with daily office administration of the CSGA’s tournament department, including registration, starting times and pairings, media relations, and player of the year points.
- Preparation of competition materials for CSGA and USGA events, including printing and organizing of pairing sheets, scorecards, score sheets, volunteer assignments, pace-of-play guidelines, rules and hole location sheets.
- Directly involved in organizing and coordination of CSGA championships and qualifiers, USGA qualifying events, and CSGA One Day Tournament series, including on-site volunteer coordination, pace of play, Rules of Golf, registration, starting, and scoring procedures.
GHIN Handicap and Course Rating System
- Assist in USGA Course Ratings and Course Measurements
- Assist in support calls and emails of the GHIN/TPP software
- Assist in the daily administration of the CSGA’s membership programs, including the GHIN handicap service and the Connecticut Golf Playbook.
- Contribute in the overall execution of the association’s communications plan, including writing and editing press releases, contributing to the CSGA’s monthly digital magazine, and website updates and maintenance
- Assist in the association’s social media plan, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with photography duties at association events
Primary Additional Duties: Provide assistance in general office procedures, support Committees with materials for meetings, and provide assistance to other staff members as needed
Job Requirements: Background in the game of golf preferred but not required, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
Compensation: This is a paid internship.
Housing & Transportation: Intern must arrange for housing in the Connecticut area and provide one’s own automotive transportation. The intern will be reimbursed for all related expenses when traveling on CSGA business.